Selling my aPad and getting a Kindle

In March I bought an aPad, a cheap, Android-based 7" tablet device. It is quite nice to browse the web with and to read on it, not to mention the 720p video playback, but now, after half a year I rarely use it for anything else than reading and browsing.

So I decided to sell the aPad for 100 GBP and ordered one of those new Kindles, because it can do exactly what I need from a device like that: browsing the web and reading ebooks.

I did a lot of research before I made the decision, and the most important factor was the INK-technology screen, which will make reading for long times on the bus or on the plane so much less eye-straining. Not to mention that you can read in plain daylight, which was impossible on the aPad during the summer months.

I will see what 2011 brings in regards to Android tablets, and if someone adopts the ink-screen technology, because it just makes sense to have this for these devices.

I'm still using Android on my current phone, a HTC Hero, which I can upgrade to a HTC Desire HD early November!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solution to Kindle stuck in USB Drive Mode even when Ejected

Input Numbers with Kindle Keyboard without using the Symbol key

Qubes OS 3.2 and my BCM4313