Qubes OS 3.2 - Archlinux Template Issues

I have tried to install and use the Archlinux Template according to the official documentation, which completed fine, but left me with a system that can not be updated, because of dependency conflicts with Qubes-internal modules.

Like I said, everything was fine (and actually is fine if I do not want to update my Archlinux), but trying a system update shows dependency issues with pulseaudio and the xorg-server. I guess that's where the bleeding-edge aspect of Archlinux's rolling release method shows its head (leaving out the ugly on purpose). The maintainer of the Archlinux template for Qubes is already on the case from what I can tell by looking at the Qube repos on Github.

I have not tried compiling my own Qube, yet (the second part of the documentation) or to create a HVM for Archlinux. I might try that this coming weekend and will let you know how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Solution to Kindle stuck in USB Drive Mode even when Ejected

Input Numbers with Kindle Keyboard without using the Symbol key

Qubes OS 3.2 and my BCM4313